Binders allow you to organize and group documents in a flexible structure.
How to Create Binders
To create a binder:
- From the menu bar, select Create > Document.
- Select Binder from the Create Document menu, and click Continue.
- On the Create Binder page, select a document type using the document type selector.
- Optional: Select a binder template. This option is only available if the selected document type has associated binder templates.
- Click Next.
- Complete binder fields associated with the document type. An asterisk * indicates required fields.
- Click Save to create the binder and return to the My Documents view.
How to Create Master File Binders (eTMF)
See Bulk Creating Study Binders.
About Binder Templates
Some binder templates include planned documents. When Vault creates a binder from these templates, it also creates attached documents, which can take some time. Vault will notify you when the binder and planned documents are created.
About Create Binder Permission
To create a binder, you must have the Create Binder Permission. This permission is granted by document type, so you will see the option to create a binder if you have the permission for at least one document type. When you classify the binder, you will only see the document types for which you have this permission.