You can use the Vault Mobile app to scan document pages and upload them to a Vault as an unclassified PDF document. To use this feature:
- From the Library tab, select the + icon in the upper right corner. This button is only visible if you have the appropriate permissions to create a new document in the Vault.
- Your camera will appear. Position your document in view and take a picture.
- On iOS, there is an “Auto” capture mode that will automatically capture and crop the document page once detected. On Android, you need to tap the button in the middle to capture each document page.
- Once you’ve captured all document pages, tap the image thumbnail in the lower left corner to edit the images. From the Edit screen, you can crop, adjust the color filter, rotate, or delete pages. When you have made your changes, select Done. You can take up to 75 images for a single document on Android, and up to 24 images for a single document on iOS.
- Select Save.
- Edit the default Document Name if desired.
- If your Vault has the Certified Copy field enabled, you will see an option to perform a copy certification for your document. This consists of answering a series of questions to confirm the quality of the scanned document.
- Select Upload. An upload progress bar will appear at the bottom of the screen. When the upload is complete, the banner will disappear and you will be able to access your document in the Library tab. It may take a few seconds for the document to be processed and ready for viewing on mobile.
Note: No document images or files are saved to the device when using this feature. Everything is captured and processed within the Vault Mobile app.