With Export All Files, you can export a ZIP file containing all artifacts associated with a single document, including all related document source files and renditions. For example, you may work for an agency that needs to create a new version of a composite piece, which links to several other component assets within PromoMats. Using Export All Files, you can download the composite source file along with the source files for all related assets at once, rather than downloading and organizing hundreds of individual assets. Export All Files must be enabled by an Admin.
How to Export
To export all associated content and data for a given document, select Export All Files from the document’s Actions menu. Vault displays a banner confirming your export and sends you a notification with a link to download the ZIP file.
You can Export All Files for any version of the document to get the specific artifacts associated with that document version.
The Export package consists of several elements which may vary depending on configuration and permissions.
The exported ZIP file contains the following artifacts:
- Document source file
- All document renditions
- PDF with Annotations file
- Latest version of attachments
- CSV of document fields (TXT file if localization is enabled)
- CSV of the document audit trail for the document from which you performed the export
For related documents, the ZIP also contains:
- Source files for all documents with custom relationships
- Source files for all documents with standard relationships (excluding CrossLink relationships)
- Source files for all documents with Based On relationships, including the source file for the Original Source document
- PDFs for all Linked Documents, including the anchor annotations specific to the document from which you performed the export
You can only export artifacts which you have the appropriate permissions to export. If you don’t have permission to export all artifacts, Vault continues the export and notes the artifacts excluded in the export summary described below.
The ZIP file also contains an export summary CSV, including:
- Date and time of export
- Number of documents processed
- Number of artifacts processed
- Number of artifacts downloaded
- Explanation of documents excluded from the export and why
File & Folder Naming
Vault uses the following standards for naming files during export:
- Document file names: Document name, plus the file type extension, for example, REF-0023.docx
- Binder folder names: Document name, for example, Compliance Pack CC-39
- Binder section folder names: Section name, for example, References
If an Admin has enabled the Apply user-defined value as folder and file names in export option, any user-defined values in the Export Folder Name field for binder sections appear as the binder section names in the ZIP file. Note that Vault uses the actual document file names in the ZIP file instead of any user-defined values in the Export File Name document field.
Note: Vault will not include the following characters in the file name of an export: <,>,:,“”,/,\,|,?,*
The following limits impact export results.
- If a Linked Document is a binder or video document, Vault excludes it from the export because there is no PDF.
- If your document is related to binder, the export includes source files for each document in the binder.
- If you Export All Files from a binder, your export includes all artifacts associated with each document in the binder.
- You cannot Export All Files from a placeholder document.
File Size Limits
By default, you cannot export more than 50,000 artifacts, and export ZIP files may not exceed 5GB. You’ll see an error notification if a requested export exceeds either limit.
With Export All Files, Vault logs all artifact downloads in the audit trail of the document on which you are performing the export. For related document artifacts, Vault logs all downloads in the audit trails of the related documents. Vault also captures all downloads as download events in the Document Usage Metrics object.
The following permissions control the ability to export all files for a document:
|Security Profile||Application: Documents: Download Document||Ability to download document source files, and the Large Size Asset rendition type.|
|Security Profile||Application: Documents: Download Rendition||Ability to include document renditions in the exported ZIP file.|
|Document Role||Download Source||Ability to download the source file and the Large Size Asset rendition type for a given document via export. This permission is required to run the Export All Files action.|
|Document Role||View Document||Ability to view the document and run Export All Files action. It is also required on related documents in order to download their source files, and Linked Documents in order to download the PDF with Annotations.|
|Document Role||View Content||This permission is required on the document in order to download its source file. It is also required on related documents in order to download their source files, and Linked Documents in order to download the PDF with Annotations.|