The Check sibling records before updating related record entry action allows you to configure a lifecycle so that a record automatically moves forward when all “sibling” records from a related object are in a specific state. “Sibling” records are records for a single object that all have a relationship to the same record on a related object. For example, a group of Investigation records that are all related to the same Quality Event record.
This configuration option is ideal for actions where an organization wants the related record to change states once all actions are complete.
How to Set Up the Action
The following section covers details that are specific to this entry action. For general information on configuring entry actions, see Configuring Object Lifecycles.
To configure this entry action:
- From Admin > Configuration > Object Lifecycles, open the lifecycle that applies to the “sibling” object.
- Click into the lifecycle state that you want all sibling records to be in when you change the related record state.
- Add the Check sibling records before updating related record entry action.
- Under All sibling records in lifecycle state, select one or more lifecycle states of records that you want to check.
- Under Related Object, select the related object that you want to move to a new state. The object must be related through an outbound relationship, either Parent or Reference.
- Select the Target State for the related object.
- Click Save.
VeePharm configures the Check sibling records before updating related record entry action for the Investigation object in a Quality Vault. This entry action checks the state of investigations related to the same Quality Event record.
Whenever an Investigation record enters Closed state, Vault looks at other Investigation records where the same Quality Event record is selected. If any of those records are not in Closed state, nothing happens. If all related Investigation records are in Closed state, Vault executes a state change on the related Quality Event record.