Union-All reports allow you to combine reporting objects into a single object and display the results as stacked rows in the same columns.
You can “union” up to 10 report objects and add up to 250 fields. Unioned objects behave as a single object in reports.
Creating Union-All Reports
To create a union-all report type:
- Navigate to Admin > Configuration > Report Types.
- Click Create.
- Enter a Label.
- Enter a Name.
- In the Class drop-down, select Union-All.
- Click + Object and select an object from the drop-down. You can remove objects by clicking .
- Select the applicable field(s) in the drop-down menu. Click to add additional rows.
- Enter a Union Field Name.
- Optional: Click Reorder and drag and drop the objects to reposition them. You can also drag and drop fields.
- Click Save.
Next, you’ll need to create a report view:
- Navigate to Configuration > Report Views.
- Click Create, then select the union-all report type you created.
- Provide a Name.
- Click Continue.
- Optional: Add Filters to your Report View. Filter conditions are applied, but not shown, when you run the final multi-pass report.
- Optional: Define columns in your Report View with Edit Columns. Columns added to your Report View will appear as default columns. However, all columns will be available for selection.
- Click Save.
Validating Union-All Reports
Vault supports one-to-one mapping on union-all reports and will not validate the report if you do not select an object or enter a Union Field Name.
Vault supports the following data type mapping:
|Data Type||Data Type Supported|
|Parent Object||Parent Object, Object|
|Lookup||Based on return type|
|Formula||Based on return type|
|Long Text||Long Text|
|Rich Text||Rich Text|
* The Picklist and Object data types only support the same picklists and objects as return data types.
The following limitations apply to union-all reports:
- You cannot create a standard report using the union-all report type.
- You can add a maximum of 250 total fields on a union-all report type.
- Vault does not currently support joins on union reports.