Users with System Admin, Business Admin, and Vault Owner permissions can create CrossLinks. Other users who will create CrossLinks must be assigned the permission in their security profile and have access to at least one other Vault in your domain.
Note: Note that you cannot create a CrossLink between a Limited Release Vault and a General Release Vault. Attempting to do so results in a failure to create the CrossLink.
To use CrossLinks, you must make sure the following configuration elements are set up in your Vault:
- Create CrossLink Permission Set
- If you want users other than those in the standard System Admin, Business Admin, and Vault Owner permission sets to create CrossLinks. you must create a custom permission set and security profile for those users. Note that users with the External User license type cannot create CrossLink documents.
- Create Document Permissions
- The users who will create CrossLinks must have the Create Document permission, assigned through Doc Type configuration, on at least one document type.
While it is not required to use CrossLinks, you can configure a lifecycle entry action to Set CrossLink binding to explicit version. This entry action sets the CrossLink version binding to explicitly bound upon entry to the state. If the CrossLink binding was set to the Latest Steady State version, it will set the binding to the actual version number that is the latest steady state.
Source Document Fields
The standard fields listed below are added to the base document type and to the “Source Document Details” field layout section. These fields are automatically updated by the system as the source document changes.
- Source Vault Name
- Name of the source Vault.
- Source Vault ID
- ID of the source Vault .
- Source Document Name
- Name of the source document.
- Source Document ID
- ID of the source document.
- Source Document Number
- Document number of the source document.
- Source Binding Rule
- (Picklist) Version binding rule currently applied to the CrossLink document: latest version, latest steady state version, or specific document version.
- Bound Source Version
- Version of the source document that is currently bound to the CrossLink document. For dynamic binding, this is the version number to which the binding rule currently resolves.
- Latest Source Version
- Latest available version of the source document.
- Source Owner
- Owner of the source document in the source Vault.
- Source Link
- Link to the source document in the source Vault.
- Indicates if this document is a CrossLink (yes/no).
- Link Status
- (Picklist) Indicates the status of the link to the source document in the source Vault: active, deleted, or obsolete.