Vault provides the ability to manage details about countries through the Country object. One of the benefits to using the Country object over a picklist field is that users can find documents related to a country using any of the country’s fields. For example, if the country Germany has the abbreviation DE, users can search on “Germany” or “DE” to find documents.
Accessing Country Records
You can work with Country records from Admin > Business Admin. Some Vaults also include custom object tabs that allow access to records outside the Admin area. With the correct permissions, you can create, edit, and delete records from a custom tab.
Permission sets and custom sharing rules can control access for viewing, creating, editing, and deleting object data records.
- Use the Countries page to add or edit countries:
- To add a country, click Create.
- To edit a country, click an existing country, and click Edit.
- Enter the Country Name.
- Fill in any additional country fields (such as Country Abbreviation) as needed. These can vary by Vault, depending on whether an Admin has customized the standard object.
- Set the Status. Users can only see and select active countries when setting the document fields.
- Click Save.
Vault prevents deletion of countries that users have selected on at least one document or that Admins have used within a lifecycle rule, workflow, or Study Country data record. If you cannot delete a country, prevent users from selecting it in the future by changing its status to “Disabled.”
To delete a country:
- From the Countries page, hover over the country.
- Click the red X icon that appears.
- Click Continue in the confirmation dialog to permanently delete the country.