When using Vault Loader, the Document Versions selection lets you upload additional versions (including files) and associate them with existing documents.
How to Load Document Versions
Before loading document versions:
- Upload all document source files to the staging server.
- Prepare the CSV input file containing document field names and values.
To load document versions:
- In the left panel of the Loader tab, click Load.
- For the CSV File, click Choose and select the CSV input file.
- In the Object Type picklist, select Document Versions.
- In the Action Type picklist, select Create.
- Click Start Load.
Vault begins processing the request. When finished, you’ll receive a Vault notification and email with request details and CSV output files.
Past Versions as Content Placeholders
If the latest version of a document includes a source file, you cannot create a past version without a source file (as a content placeholder).
Preparing the CSV Input File
The CSV input file must include the following column headers and corresponding values:
- status__v : Specifies the lifecycle state for the document version using the name value, for example,
in_review__cfor In Review.
- external_id__v: Optionally, you can choose to omit the id column and identify documents by external id. If both id and external_id__v are included in your CSV, the load fails.
Download example input.
You can find further explanations in Create & Update Documents.