The General Settings page (Admin > Settings > General Settings) allows you to view Vault details and enable or disable features.
Vault & License Information
The General Settings page displays the following details for informational purposes:
- Domain Name: Shows the domain name for your instance of Vault. All usernames use the domain name, for example, tchung\@veepharm.com. Multiple Vaults can share the same domain name.
- Vault ID: Shows the identification number assigned to the Vault you’re currently viewing.
- Vault Name: Shows the name of the Vault you’re currently viewing. You can edit this field when editing the General Settings page.
- Vault Version: Shows the current application version number, which applies to all Vaults in the domain. On hover, you can see Vault Assembly Version and Vault Platform Version, which can help Veeva Support when resolving issues. Assembly version matches the official Vault version number.
- Vault URL: Shows the URL of the Vault you are viewing. This information is read-only.
- POD: The name of the system your Vault is running on. Typically all production Vaults for a company are on the same POD and sandbox Vaults are on a different POD.
- License Information: Shows your current usage levels in Vault compared to the licenses that your organization purchased. If your Vault has multiple applications, you’ll also see how many application licenses are in use.
- API Information and Connections: See details in About the Vault REST API.
From the General Settings page, you can select and clear checkboxes to enable and disable specific features and functionality. The options that appear vary by application, when the Vault was created, and the features to which Veeva Support has given you access. In multi-Vault domains, these settings apply only to the Vault you’re viewing. Feature enablement for domain-level features is located in Settings > Domain Information.
To enable or disable vault-level features, you must have a security profile that grants the Admin: General: Edit permission.
Note: Some vault-level and domain-level features cannot be disabled once enabled. When this is the case, Vault warns you by displaying a confirmation dialog.
User Interface Options
From the User Interface Options section, you can manage the following features:
- Custom Header Logo: When enabled, you can change the logo that appears in Vault’s primary navigation bar from Admin > Settings > Branding Settings.
- Enable inline editing for object list pages: When enabled, users can edit fields in object record list pages.
- Display URL in Text field as clickable link: When enabled, URLs in all text fields become clickable links. Clickable links appear in object record list pages, object record detail pages, and reports. When disabled, all URLs are displayed as plain text. This setting is enabled by default.
- Hide the All Tabs option in Tab Collections Menu: When enabled, Vault does not display the All Tabs option in the Tab Collection Menu. We recommend configuring a Preferred Tab Collection for each user when this option is enabled.