Share actions define what Vault does with a new file that a user shares to Veeva Vault Mobile. You can view, modify, and create new sharing actions from Admin > Configuration > Sharing Actions.
Each sharing action includes the following fields:
- Label: This value appears throughout Vault and should be easily understood by users.
- Name: This is how developers reference the action via the API.
- Status: Whether the action is active or inactive.
- Description: Optional; a brief description of the action.
- Mobile Sharing Action: The mobile sharing action Vault performs when a user selects this sharing action.
- Allowed For: The group(s) of users that can use this share action.
Creating New Share Actions
To create a new sharing action:
- From the Sharing Actions page, select Create.
- Enter a Label. This automatically populates the Name field.
- Optional: Enter a Description of your sharing action.
- Choose a Mobile Sharing Action. The only available action available in the picklist is Create Unclassified Document(s).
- Choose who can use this sharing action in the Allowed For field. You can select Anyone (default) or Specific Groups.
- Optional: If you chose Specific Groups in the previous step, select the groups in Allowed For Groups.
- Select Create.
Editing and Deleting Share Actions
On the Sharing Actions page, you can edit or delete a sharing action from its Actions menu. You cannot delete system or app standard actions.