You don’t need to be a programmer or CMS expert to configure Vault for your company’s specific business needs. You simply need to point and click to get the system up and running. And Vault is flexible, so you can easily iterate and refine your configuration as you go.
Only users with the correct permissions (through their security profiles and permission sets) can access the Admin area in Vault. The best way to tell if you have access is to log in and look in the top right corner. If you see the Admin link, you have these permissions.
To open the Admin area, simply click the link. When you’re in the Admin area, there’s a Vault link in the same location to return you to the content management area.
The menu bar in the Admin area allows you to access these tabs:
- Business Admin: Create, access, and manage object records, templates, and picklist items.
- Logs: Monitor the audit trails for document activity, system changes, and user logins.
- Users & Groups: Create user accounts for your employees and external partners who will be accessing your Vault. Organize your users into groups for ease of managing document-level access controls.
- Configuration: Structure how your content is organized and how your Vault functions by configuring document types, document fields, lifecycles, workflows, and user notifications.
- Settings: Configure settings for various aspects of your Vault’s functionality, including enabling or disabling features, and for all Vaults in your domain, including password security policies.
When Veeva provisions a Vault, it comes with various default configurations, including a set of document types, document fields, objects, lifecycles, and general settings. These defaults depend on the application, such as medical, legal, and regulatory review and approval workflows in the PromoMats application.
You can further configure your Vault to perfectly match your company needs. Learn about configuration and on-going maintenance (like managing users or creating new object records) in Vault Admin Help.