Rendition Profiles allow you to choose rendition settings that differ from the Vault-wide rendition settings. For instance, if you have separate Microsoft Word templates for two locales and the Table of Contents bookmarks should be generated differently for each, selecting locale-specific rendition profiles makes it possible to render both of the documents without changing Vault-wide rendition settings.
Rendition profiles take precedence over the Vault-wide rendition settings. If you make changes to the rendition settings on a document via the Actions menu, those settings supersede both the Vault-wide settings and the selected Rendition Profile.
Admins can configure Rendition Profiles, including automatic selection of a default Rendition Profile, or conditional selection under specified criteria. For example, Vault can be configured to automatically apply a specific Rendition Profile when a document’s Country field has a particular value.
Admins can create and edit Rendition Profiles.
To enable the Rendition Profiles field for a document type:
- Navigate to Admin > Configuration > Document Fields > [Document Type]
- Click Add and select Existing Shared Field.
- Select Rendition Profile from the dropdown in the Use Shared Field dialog.
- Click OK.
To create a new Rendition Profile:
- Navigate to Admin > Configuration > Rendition Profile.
- Click Create.
- Change settings for Font Embedding, Bookmark & Link Settings, and Rendition Display.
- Click Save.
To change Rendition Profile settings, navigate to Admin > Configuration > Rendition Profile, click the name of the desired profile, and click Edit. Select options to customize the Rendition Profile. The settings available are the same as the Vault-wide rendition settings, with the following exceptions:
- Allow viewing and annotation of protected PDF files. You must manually re-render the document for the new settings to take effect.
- Generate compliant rendition for Source PDFs (RIM only): Admins in Submissions and Submissions Publishing Vaults can configure a rendition profile to render PDF source files according to ICH standards.
Automatically Applying Rendition Profiles
You can configure an event action on a document lifecycle to automatically apply a default Rendition Profile to a document or a specified profile upon meeting the configured criteria. For example, you can configure Vault to automatically apply a specific Rendition Profile when a document’s Country field has a particular value.
Configure automatic Rendition Profile application as an event action on a document lifecycle.